Salon De Lara donates to help local and regional causes throughout the year.
- $250 donation to the Jenna Sievert Charitable Foundation.
- $150 donated to Symons Elementary School to sponsor three classrooms – donations support student field trips and enrichment programs.
- $100 donated to the Gleaners Community Food Bank to fight hunger in southeastern Michigan.
- The Symons Elementary PTO would like to thank Salon De Lara for sponsoring Mrs. Miller’s Fourth Grade Classroom for our dance-a-thon fundraiser. The Symons Elementary PTO is working to raise money for educational field trips, enrichment programs, teacher mini-grants and fun family events.
- $100 donated to CAASE, a not-for profit organization working to prevent all forms of sexual exploitation, including sexual assault and the commercial sex trade. Their work includes prevention, policy reform, community engagement, and legal services. http://caase.org/
- A haircut and $50.00 was donated to The Jenna Sievert Charitable Foundation formed in memory of Jenna who passed away in 2005 at the age of 7 from necrotizing enterocolitis.
- A haircut and $380 in products was donated to support the local chapter of “Project Heal” with a mission to provide grant funding for people with eating disorders who cannot afford treatment, promote healthy body image and self esteem, and serve as a testament that a full recovery from an eating disorder is possible.